January 26, 2013

Chartreuse Swizzle - with a kiss of cherry

I know I'm late to the Chartreuse Swizzle party, but the idea of mixing green Chartreuse with Wray and Nephew over proof rum and not getting my throat burned was too tempting.

I started with the improved recipe developed by Kaiser Penguin.

I knew I wanted to add some cherry liquor too.

I've gotten a vial of not yet matured cherry liquor from the makers of the amazing Frederiksdal cherry wine and I figured this was the cocktail to test whether or not they have got the balance between sweet, sour and alcohol right.

In my opinion they have - through the strong earthy flavors of the sizzle the cherry was easy to pick up - and I used less than 3 cl.
  • 8 cl green Chartreuse
  • 1.5 cl Wray and Nephew over proof rum
  • 6 cl pineapple juice
  • 4 cl lime juice
  • 3 cl falernum 
I put everything in a shaker with a bit of ice an shook it vigorously, than I strained into a pretty big low ball glass full of crushed ice - and then I poured a small amount no more that 3 cl of the cherry liquor into the center of the cocktail.

I had wanted to make a green mamba lime twist  (your blog - and drinks - always inspire me Tiara) for a garnish - but none of my limes had a peel looking nice enough for that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment