November 3, 2012

New Fashioned


At the very start of my cocktail eksplorations I made an Old Fashioned. Somehow I was smart enough to know, that this the most iconic of all cocktails does not lend it self to much fiddling around.

Now I'm much dumber and decided to do just that after watching this video that convinced me that I had to try fat washing.

So to try my new skill and in honor of the up coming presidential elections in America here is the New Fashioned:
  • 6 cl bacon infused bourbon (I fried six slices of bacon and mixed the rendered fat with 10 cl bourbon. After 6 hours in my freezer it was easy to take out the hardened fat)
  • 1 cola sugar lump (I evaporated 1 cl of Coca Cola in a wide container for 12 hours in a 50C hot oven. Then I pounded the dried residue into sugar and pressed it into shape in a clean screw cap)
  • 4 dashed cherry bitters
  • 2 Coca Cola icecubes (you can figure it out)
  • 1 Maraschino cherry
Put the cola sugar lump in the bottom of an old fashioned glass, add the bitter and muddle. Then add the bourbon and ice and garnish with the cherry.

Cheers and may the best man win.

No comments:

Post a Comment