July 1, 2012

Rhubarb Club

Ever since the first rhubarbs broke ground in my otherwise quite unyielding garden, I have thought about this twist on a Clover Club Cocktail: Replace the raspberry syrup with rhubarb syrup.

Then a month ago during a tour of four Copenhagen cocktail bars I came across the very same idea and liked the result. Today I made my own version:

  • 5 cl gin (I used Miller)
  • 1 cl freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 cl rhubarb syrup *
  • 1 egg white
Measure everything into a shaker and give it a good shake without ice. Then add ice and shake again. Strain into cocktail glass and garnish with sprig of lavender.

* Cut two stalks of rhubarb into small rounds, pull flowers of two sprigs of lavender and boil with bit of water, sugar and a small nib of star anise for 6-7 minutes. Strain and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment